Issue #233: git clone https://... gives empty reply from server (conservancy/kallithea)

Michael Jünger issues-reply at bitbucket.org
Fri Jul 15 06:54:51 UTC 2016

New issue 233: git clone https://... gives empty reply from server
https://bitbucket.org/conservancy/kallithea/issues/233/git-clone-https-gives-empty-reply-from

Michael Jünger:

Hi,

Just for a quick overview:
I have installed kallithea without using a virtualenv and installed it globally via pip on debian 7.
I followed the steps to setup kallithea as described here: [Setup instructions](http://kallithea.readthedocs.io/en/0.3.1/setup.html#setup)
I am using nginx and used the example configuration file from there: [Example configuration](http://kallithea.readthedocs.io/en/0.3.1/setup.html#nginx-virtual-host-example)
I ran 'paster serve my.ini'

So far kallithea is working and I was able to create a repository named Test through the web interface.

If I now try to clone my newly created repo using this command:
git clone https://user@domain.tld/Test

I get the following error:
fatal: unable to access 'https://user@domain.tld/Test/': Empty reply from server

I commented out the gist part in the nginx file and put the proxy settings directly into it but that are all differences to the example.

I am simply something missing in the nginx config file what is not mentioned in the example or may this be a bug?

Thank you much for any help.

Kind regards,

Michael Jünger