Issue #234: HTTPS + Git Clone = 405 error (conservancy/kallithea)

zwarmapapa issues-reply at bitbucket.org
Tue Jul 19 13:03:46 UTC 2016

New issue 234: HTTPS + Git Clone = 405 error
https://bitbucket.org/conservancy/kallithea/issues/234/https-git-clone-405-error

zwarmapapa:

I've recently bought a SSL certificate.

I got Kallithea to work with it by using PASTE instead of WAITRESS, and by supplying PASTE with the SSL certificate.

Everything works fine, except for git clone. Whenever I git clone, I get this error message:

error: The requested URL returned error: 405 while accessing https://username:password@mydomain.com:5000/repository/info/refs

I've tried going to the /info/refs path in the browser, and when I do that, I get an access popup (like a .htaccess login popup). Logging into it with my Kallithea username/password fails.

Again, everything else works fine, like git fetch, git push, browsing in the web interface, etc. It's just that git clone doesn't work.

The changes I've made to my config:

## PASTE ##
use = egg:Paste#http
threadpool_workers = 5
threadpool_max_requests = 10
use_threadpool = true
ssl_pem = /etc/myssl/certall.pem

## WAITRESS ##
#use = egg:waitress#main
#threads = 5
#max_request_body_size = 107374182400
#asyncore_use_poll = True

force_https = true (tried false as well, didn't make a difference to git clone)