celery sometimes hangs

Mads Kiilerich mads at kiilerich.com
Mon Jul 25 12:59:15 UTC 2016

Confirmed.

As a workaround we watch the queue and restart celery if it grows too
big ... or if nobody is listening.

I found evidence that this is a known problem with Celery 2. The
solution should be to upgrade to Celery 3. The API did however change so
it requires some amount of work.

So far the workaround has been good enough for us and it hasn't made it
to the top of my todo list.

/Mads