Turbogears2 migration: current status (July 2016)

Mads Kiilerich mads at kiilerich.com
Sun Jul 31 21:00:52 UTC 2016

On 07/29/2016 10:33 PM, Thomas De Schampheleire wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Here is an overview of the current status of the migration from Pylons
> to Turbogears2:
>
> - main functionality seems to work

Great! Nice work!

> - test suite:
>    - API tests still fail (to investigate)

We should probably make the API controller exactly like everything else.
Also, we are considering if we should replace it with something more
REST-ish or GraphQL. But that is probably easier once TG2 has landed ...

>    - most other tests succeed, with two exceptions:
>    - kallithea/tests/functional/test_admin_defaults.py::TestDefaultsController::()::test_delete
>      (AppError: Bad response: 403 Forbidden (not 405) --> related to
> the handling of DELETE via POST) --> Søren?

I posted a PR that perhaps can fix this.

>    - kallithea/tests/functional/test_files.py::TestFilesController::()::test_archival
>      (UTF-8 difference in archival response) --> Alessandro?

It seems fine to me that we don't announce utf8 encoding of a binary
file. If I understand it correctly.

> - .ini files should be lined up, and generation scripts fixed
> - several other things to be checked, see
>    https://bitbucket.org/conservancy/kallithea/wiki/Turbogears2Migration

It seems like several of the TG2 fixes are general fixes - it would be
nice to get them upstreamed soon-ish so we can benefit from them and you
don't have to maintain them in the TG2 branch.