Issue #244: license issue in your dependency graph caused by dulwich with tests enabled (conservancy/kallithea)

ng0 issues-reply at bitbucket.org
Mon Sep 5 14:42:37 UTC 2016

New issue 244: license issue in your dependency graph caused by dulwich with tests enabled
https://bitbucket.org/conservancy/kallithea/issues/244/license-issue-in-your-dependency-graph

ng0:

I wanted to inform you about this issue in your dependency graph:

kallithea < dulwich (with tests) < geventhttpclient < extension < public < setupfiles

The python2 variant of geventhttpclient depends on extension which depends on public which in return depends on setupfiles. All files without copyright can be found here: http://russianidiot.github.io/python/
This issue can be avoided when one builds dulwich without tests enabled.
How should this be handled? For now I'll build dulwich python2 without tests and inform dulwich developer(s) about this situation.

For the package manager and GNU system distribution I currently write a kallithea definition, this won't work as licenses need to exist in all distributed packages, which is why I must disable the tests (we default to running tests when possible). Kallithea is not directly affected but it is still in your build graph.