use syslog possible?

Mads Kiilerich mads at kiilerich.com
Wed Sep 7 13:01:34 UTC 2016

On 09/07/2016 07:36 AM, Ramann, Björn wrote:

> hi at all
>
> I am looking for a way to configure kallithea 3.2.0 to use a remote
> syslog log and not only a local log file. Is there a way to do this?

You should be able to change the logging configuration in your .ini file
to log to syslog insted of the console. It is using standard Python
logging and you should be able to use something like
https://docs.python.org/2/library/logging.handlers.html#sysloghandler .
This logging system is quite "powerful" ... which means it is
mind-blowing complex and hard to grasp ;-)

Please share what you figure out.