Request for comments: Adding a GraphQL API

Mads Kiilerich mads at kiilerich.com
Fri Sep 9 13:29:55 UTC 2016

On 09/09/2016 02:04 PM, Thomas De Schampheleire wrote:
> In case it is helpful, here are my current API needs:
> - be able to submit a pull request via API, after having pushed
> commits to Kallithea. We want to be able to indicate the range of
> commits that should be part of the pull request. Until now, we are
> using PullRequestsCtroller directly, exposed as API via an .ini file
> setting, by sending POST data along.
> - be able to query/find a user 'handle' (something we can use to
> indicate reviewers of a PR) based on some search data, perhaps a name,
> username or e-mail.
> - be able to retrieve information about a PR, much like what you
> described above in the example

Either way, as hinted in
https://bitbucket.org/conservancy/kallithea/pull-requests/260/from-unity-2016-09-07/diff
, I suggest we short term try to improve the JSON-RPC API. Experience
and some code and cleanup from that can most likely be reused.

(I guess a next short term step for the current API could be to get rid
of the special controller that cause problems for TG2. It is getting
more clear that it really just is a special (delayed) authentication and
dispatching to methods. It seems like it doesn't benefit from anything
special from the web framework.)