Turbogears2 migration: tests: "cannot import name meta"

Mads Kiilerich mads at kiilerich.com
Sun Sep 25 13:12:10 UTC 2016

On 09/25/2016 02:54 PM, Thomas De Schampheleire wrote:
> I had a brief look at the model imports from lib.helpers and lib.utils
> and lib.utils2, but it doesn't look like my cup of tea to untangle
> this, that is I don't know any of these functions and what is the
> right thing to do. I can only semi-blindly follow your advice and
> execute the work.

Yeah, I also don't know. I guess it will be some amount of trial and
error to figure out where the cuts can be made ... and where they can't.
We will probably have to introduce some non-module-global imports - at
least temporarily. Some existing non-module-global imports can probably
also be made global. I guess first round will suggest some other
refactorings to do first ... and the first attempt will be a learning
experience that will have to be discarded before doing it for real.