Turbogears2 migration: tests: "cannot import name meta"

Thomas De Schampheleire patrickdepinguin at gmail.com
Sun Sep 25 14:04:16 UTC 2016

On Sep 25, 2016 15:42, "Mads Kiilerich" <mads at kiilerich.com> wrote:

> On 09/25/2016 03:32 PM, Thomas De Schampheleire wrote:
>>
>> A question that also needs to be answered is: what belongs in
kallithea/lib/helpers.py and what in kallithea/lib/utils.py and what in
kallithea/lib/utils2.py. Where is the split?

> Yes, it is a mess. I guess that is where experiments must show what is
feasible improvements.

> I would say that helpers is what is available in templates as 'h' and
could/should thus be quite high level and might depend on Pylons and the
database.

So actually, anything in helpers that is _not_ directly used from a
template should be moved elsewhere (utils, or maybe helpers2? ;-)  )

> (It should thus perhaps not be in lib but in model?)

I think the web framework, like tg2 does, may expect helpers to be in lib.
We can tell it about another location, but I don't know if that's worth it.

> It seems like utils2 generally is quite low level and almost doesn't
depend on model. It could thus seem like a/the "real" lib utils.

> utils depend much more on model, and parts of it should thus perhaps move
to a more high level model utils ... but there are probably also "good"
parts of it that can stay in lib.

It may perhaps be easier to step away from monolithic files and use topic
files like foo_utils and such.

/Thomas