Changeset evolution on OOK

Mads Kiilerich mads at kiilerich.com
Thu Oct 13 21:58:22 UTC 2016

On 10/11/2016 09:34 PM, Thomas De Schampheleire wrote:
> Hi Andrew,
>
> I just noticed something odd. I pushed more changes to the
> kallithea-incoming repo on OOK. In total I pushed 4 changes, the
> bottom two are evolutions of previous changes that were already part
> of a PR, the other two are built on top of that evolution and are also
> supposed to end up in that PR.
>
> However, the 'update' functionality in the PR does not see the top two
> changes. It looks to me that this is a bug. Could you check?
>
> https://kallithea-scm.org/repos/kallithea-incoming/changelog
> https://kallithea-scm.org/repos/kallithea/pull-request/63/_/lib_cleanup_part_1
>
> o  6413 9915e5787798 default  2016-10-09 Thomas De Schampheleire lib:
> move get_custom_lexer from utils to pygmentsutils
> |
> o  6411 b3579959a1df default  2016-10-09 Thomas De Schampheleire
> helpers: remove direct global imports from model
> |
> o  6410 0f1f5c6bcaa1 default  2016-10-08 Thomas De Schampheleire
> config: remove unused symbols DATE_FORMAT / DATETIME_FORMAT
> |
> o  6409 e3ddcc3538df default  2016-10-09 Thomas De Schampheleire
> helpers: remove unused imports

When trying to pull the original revision that is specified in the PR, I
get:

$ hg pull https://kallithea-scm.org/repos/kallithea-incoming -r 1cdfe4e34cf9
pulling from https://kallithea-scm.org/repos/kallithea-incoming
abort: filtered revision '1cdfe4e34cf9' (not in 'served' subset)!

I don't know if that is inherent to the design of 'evolve' but I would
find it quite valuable to be able to retrieve old changesets (as long
they are around).