Issue #267: Readme anchor on repository main page redirects to a non-existant changeset (conservancy/kallithea)

Arthur Tacca issues-reply at bitbucket.org
Sun Jan 29 16:28:59 UTC 2017

New issue 267: Readme anchor on repository main page redirects to a non-existant changeset
https://bitbucket.org/conservancy/kallithea/issues/267/readme-anchor-on-repository-main-page

Arthur Tacca:

It's great that the main page for each repository includes a nicely-formatted copy of the README.rst file. I wanted to include a link to this for one of our repositories in our Wiki (rather than copying the README there, because they'll soon get out of sync). Looking at the source HTML, I noticed a line like this:

```
```

That's great! So I put a link in our Wiki like this:

```
http://our_server:5050/my_repo_group/my_repo#readme
```

But this just redirects to
```
http://our_server:5050/my_repo_group/my_repo/changelog
```
with an error that the revision doesn't exist. If I open the repo page and then manually type in the anchor and press enter, it briefly flicks down to the correct location before the broken redirection. I realise it's not the end of the world, but it would be nice if this worked.

Anyone that actually does want to reference a particular revision can use a URL ending `/changelog/my_revision/` instead of the anchor-based one. (The trailing slash seems to be essential, otherwise you get a 404 error.)