TurboGears2 migration: logging messages on test suite failures

Thomas De Schampheleire patrickdepinguin at gmail.com
Fri Mar 24 14:22:47 UTC 2017

Hi,

The TurboGears2 migration should be close to complete. Latest PR is at
https://bitbucket.org/conservancy/kallithea/pull-requests/301

One annoying thing: on test failures, there is logging output both on
stdout, stderr and in the 'captured log output', while previously with
Pylons there was only log output in the 'captured log output'.

I can get rid of the stderr logs by changing test.ini, setting the
console and console_sql handler levels to CRITICAL instead of DEBUG.

But I cannot get rid of the stdout logging. They are only sqlalchemy
logs. I don't know how they end up there, and where or how to turn
them off. I have tried many different things, but am stuck here.

Please help in analyzing this.

Thanks,
Thomas