How to set phases.publish = false on a repo or globally on Kallithea?

Mads Kiilerich mads at kiilerich.com
Sun Mar 26 22:28:52 UTC 2017

On 03/22/2017 04:31 PM, Long Vu wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 21, 2017 at 6:34 PM, Sean Farley <sean at farley.io> wrote:
>> Long Vu <long.vu at intelerad.com> writes:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I have 0.3.2.
>>>
>>> I've been doing this for each new repo creation, when needed, by
>>> editing directly the .hg/hgrc of the repo (by going behind Kallithea's
>>> back).
>>>
>>> But I'd like to delegate this to the user creating new repos because
>>> we are rolling this out to more and more early adopters/evaluators
>>> now.  I do not want to be the bottle neck.

Yes. Let's get to that "soon".

>>> Alternatively, how to set this globally as a default value for all new
>>> and existing repos?

A simple hack is to add it to the "ui" table in the database.

It would be nice (and simple) if this option was exposed in
Admin/Settings/VCS like for example largefiles are...

> Alternatively, just throwing an idea here, why Kallithea do not read
> the config under /etc/mercurial/hgrc.d/ and other locations in same
> order of precedence as the mercurial command line?

One reason is that the Mercurial config structure also to some extent is
used when hosting Git repos in Kallithea. It would be weird if Mercurial
config options kicked in when using Git ... and almost equally weird if
they only applied to Mercurial repos. That could be solved somehow.

We would also have to figure if it only should use what Mercurial
internall call "systemrcpath" or also "userrcpath". And to which extent
`kallithea/lib/utils.py` `make_ui` should reuse logic from
`mercurial/ui.py`.