Translation problem for some strings?

Thomas De Schampheleire patrickdepinguin at gmail.com
Fri Jun 16 19:25:04 UTC 2017

Hi,

> Hi Andrew, all,
>
> I notice a problem with translation: some strings never seem to be
> translated, even if the translation file contains a translation.
> One example is the string 'Pull Requests' which is visible as a button
> top-right when viewing a repository.
>
> For example, both 'fr' and 'ru' contain a translation for this string,
> but it does not show in the web UI.
>
> Do you have any idea about this?
> Do you see the same?

I did a bisect of this problem, and it is caused by the TurboGears2 migration:

changeset:   6826:e1ab82613133
user:        Alessandro Molina <alessandro.molina at axant.it>
date:        Sun Jan 29 21:08:49 2017 +0100
summary:     backend: replace Pylons with TurboGears2

I will dig deeper in this commit to see if I can find the real problem.

/Thomas