PR webhooks to trigger automation?

Thomas De Schampheleire patrickdepinguin at gmail.com
Thu Jul 20 19:59:57 UTC 2017

> Thomas De Schampheleire <patrickdepinguin at gmail.com> schrieb am Mi., 19.
> Juli 2017 um 19:55 Uhr:

[..]

>> I think we should decide upon some kind of roadmap after 1.0 and start
>> discussing and implementing such features one by one.
>> That is, I think we should try getting out 0.9 and 1.0 soon, with 0.9
>> being current default + bootstrap, and 1.0 being 0.9 with some of the
>> near-ready PRs finalized, and avoid diverting into new territory too
>> much before 1.0 is out.
>
> I agree.
> And I'd like to use this occasion to re-iterate on my suggestion to use JIRA
> to manage the project.
> I think JIRA could really help with planning releases.
> It is also much easier, to discuss ideas, like the ones above, in JIRA, then
> in
> a wiki, don't you think?
>
> I'd also volontiere to manage JIRA.

I dug up the old discussion on the topic:
https://lists.sfconservancy.org/pipermail/kallithea-general/2016q4/002150.html

At the time it felt a bit overkill to me, but right now I agree that
it could perhaps help us and I think we should try it.
Nevertheless, most of my comments from the previous thread still hold.
[https://lists.sfconservancy.org/pipermail/kallithea-general/2016q4/002161.html]
In particular, I think we should migrate completely from old issues on
Bitbucket to the new system.

Regarding JIRA vs something else:
- I prefer open-source projects if possible
- Storyboard:
  - is it somewhat mature, will it stay? (It would be a pity if we
need to switch to something else many times)
  - does the openstack instance allow hosting for non-openstack
projects like Kallithea, or do we need to set up our own instance?
  - does anyone have experience with it already?

- As stated in the previous mail thread, I'd like to get rid of
Bitbucket completely: code hosting and pull requests should move to
our own kallithea, what is left are issues and wiki. If we move issues
to something new that does not have a wiki capabability, perhaps we
should find something else for wiki.
(although much of the existing wiki can be seen as tasks/issues and
thus be moved, I think there is still content that better lives in a
real wiki).

- Andrew and you looked at Taiga previously, what was the conclusion of that?

Thanks,
Thomas