Recommended deployment setup

Long Vu long.vu at intelerad.com
Wed Sep 13 16:08:51 UTC 2017

On Wed, Sep 13, 2017 at 11:45 AM, Dominik Ruf <dominikruf at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I played around with the different server setups we generate with 'gearbox
> make-config'.
> While doing so I was wondering what you guys are using.
> What setup would you recommend?
> The default (waitress) maybe okay for development, but since it uses only
> one worker, it doesn't really scale.

+1

I have also previously expressed my desired to have "recommended
production deployment setup" on this list.

I understand each setup have pros and cons so if we can not agree on
one single "recommended production deployment setup" we can list the
pros and cons for each setup so at least the user can make a better
informed decision.

> I also notice a few problems with the settings generated by 'gearbox
> make-config'.
> I'll create a PR for that, but first I'd like to ask, if we shouldn't remove
> some of the options.
> I feel like make-config should only generate setups, that are used by one of
> us and we therefore know are actually working.

Ah "auto generated certified setup" would be friendly and less error
prone for new user.

--
Long Vu | Build Controller | Intelerad | +1-514-931-6222 ext. 7743

--

This email or any attachments may contain confidential or legally
privileged information intended for the sole use of the addressees. Any