2 ways integration with Jenkins

Andrew Shadura andrew.shadoura at gmail.com
Wed Oct 4 16:53:11 UTC 2017

On 4 Oct 2017 5:18 pm, "Long Vu" <long.vu at intelerad.com> wrote:

On Tue, Oct 3, 2017 at 8:42 PM, Mads Kiilerich <mads at kiilerich.com> wrote:
> On 10/03/2017 05:35 PM, Long Vu wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I think I've seen on this list a hook in Kallithea that can trigger a
>> Jenkins build on push.
>>
>> That hook can also automatically create a brand new job if a new
>> branch was detected.  Please correct me if I was dreaming.
>>
>> That's one way for me.
>>
>> The other way is for Jenkins to report the pass/fail status back to
>> Kallithea to be displayed when someone is browsing the PR or the
>> commits.
>>
>> Is this reverse way possible?
>

> I did this for Mercurial repos by having a cron job polling the "CI"
system
> and creating "$BUILDNUMBER-pass" / "...-fail" local tags for revisions.
Not
> a perfect solution, but shows that it is "possible".

Interesting work-around.  I assume the localtag file will grow
indefinitely with this solution.

> Another way could be to have a special user account that approve/reject
> tested revisions - perhaps by polling, perhaps by having the CI system
> connect through the API.

Kallithea already has an API for CI system to push extra data to each
revision/PR ?

I was trying to design one, but since I haven't had time for that in recent
months it went nowhere so far.

--
Long Vu | Build Controller | Intelerad | +1-514-931-6222 ext. 7743

--

This email or any attachments may contain confidential or legally
privileged information intended for the sole use of the addressees. Any