Docker update (looking for testers)

Dominik Ruf dominikruf at gmail.com
Mon Nov 20 18:11:53 UTC 2017

Long Vu <long.vu at intelerad.com> schrieb am Do., 16. Nov. 2017 um 17:15 Uhr:

> On Wed, Nov 15, 2017 at 12:04 PM, Dominik Ruf <dominikruf at gmail.com>
> wrote:
> >

> > Long Vu <long.vu at intelerad.com> schrieb am Di., 14. Nov. 2017 um 23:33
> Uhr:

> 14.

> ssh

> Stack

> https://kallithea.dominikruf.com/kallithea/kallithea-domruf/raw/26ccf792b435/docker/docker-compose.yml

> https://bitbucket.org/domruf/kallithea-docker/commits/36265eeea7a94a3538dbdb2e9cf22f0f56252965

> >> Since that is your own host and you are the author of the "repository
> >> settings (phases) v5 PR"
> >> (https://bitbucket.org/conservancy/kallithea/pull-requests/343), why
> >> don't you enable evolve on your own instance yourself to use named
> >> branch instead of anonymous branch and to avoid multiple "similar"
> >> heads.  That would clean up quite some mess. ;D
> >
> > I do use evolve on my own instance.
> > How do you think named branches would help?
>
> The way I leverage evolve at work is each personal branch is a named
> branch so we know all revs on that same branch very easily.
>
> For release, to strip the personal branch name out, we rebase on
> default and the personal branch name disappear.
>
> Collaborating on the same branch is easier to, but do not apply since
> you are alone on your branch.
>
> Since you use evolve, why don't you prune all the heads on default
> that do not have a bookmark?  I assume all the heads with bookmarks
> are the active ones and the rest are not.  Sorry if wrong assumption.

I assume you mean the kallithea repository not the docker one.
(I see no multiple heads on the  docker repository)
There are a few (very) old changesets from pre-evolve times (even some
pre-phases times)
and I did not bother to clean them up, because since they are way back I
don't see them anyway.
Also sometimes the bookmarks do not get correctly synchronized on hg push.

> Each tag on the Docker hub is one "feature/bookmark" you are working
> on?

No. Each time I push the domruf bookmark, my jenkins builds an images and
uploads it
with the revision hash as a tag.

> And they are being rebase often on top of tip of default of the
> kallithea repo on bitbucket?

Yes.