Upgrade a very old kallithea that uses paster

gandalf at mess.hu gandalf at mess.hu
Tue Dec 5 15:54:46 UTC 2017

Hi! I would like to upgrade my kallithea instance. It is so old that it
still uses paster. I have tried to follow the instructions provided here:

http://kallithea.readthedocs.io/en/default/upgrade.html

but I'm stuck at step 5:

$ gearbox make-config new.ini
09:54:10,417 ERROR [gearbox] Failed to load project commands with error
``DistributionNotFound("The 'Kallithea' distribution was not found and
is required by the application: Not Found for: Kallithea (is it an
installed Distribution?)",)``, have you installed your project?
09:54:10,417 ERROR [gearbox] Unknown command 'make-config'

What should I do? Is it possible to upgrade from this old version, somehow?

Thank you,

   Laszlo