Incompatibility with released kallithea 0.3.3 and mako 1.0.0

Mads Kiilerich mads at kiilerich.com
Tue Jan 2 22:59:22 UTC 2018

On 01/02/2018 09:31 PM, Kai Henning Koch wrote:

> Happy New 2018 to you all,
>
> just would like to let you know. On a fresh minimal installation, but
> on top of existing data (etc and repos) from a previous 0.1
> installation inside virtualenv, I may have stumbled across an
> incompatibility towards the by default deployed package mako 1.0.0.
> Downgrading to 0.9.0 however seems to work. Clicking any commit
> message inside the web-view results in an 500 Internal server error.
> Following the backtrace (see below). My first suspicion is that this
> error might be closely related to this ticket in mako:
> #168: variables implicitly passed to block cause unexpected error for
> def
> <http://query402.rssing.com/browser.php?indx=6400379&last=1&item=14>(see
> http://query402.rssing.com/chan-6400379/latest.php).
>
> The installation is on a stock Bananian 16.04 on an A20 BananaPi. I
> will be happily providing more information if necessary. Just let me
> know.
>
> Best
>
> Error - <type 'exceptions.TypeError'>: render_title() got an unexpected keyword argument 'c'
> URL:https://xxx.xxx.xx.x/code/foo/bar/changeset/1bff0ef43a614aeac22764485d48a92f50a596bb

Mako 1.0.0 is more than 3 years old (
https://pypi.python.org/pypi/Mako/1.0.0 ) and is listed explicitly as
the max version supported by Kallithea 0.3.3 ... and also by Kallithea
0.1 . It also seems to work fine in most other places.

I think the problem is elsewhere.

Between 0.1 and 0.3.3, title handling changed in our Mako templates. But
I don't see anywhere in either version where a keyword 'c' is passed.

Perhaps try a clean test installation next to the old one to verify that
it can work and to get something you can compare with.

Perhaps try to clean the cache_dir (especially templates, usually
"data/templates").