Docker update (looking for testers)

Thomas De Schampheleire patrickdepinguin at gmail.com
Mon Jan 22 14:33:33 UTC 2018

Dominik,

> Hi all,
>
> like I mentioned before, I'd like to add a Dockerfile and docker-compose.yml
> to make it really easy to get started with kallithea.
> I did some more work on my docker setup and it now also includes ssh
> support.
> And like before it generates the css file from less.
> So since these 2 things are not merged yet, I'd like to wait before creating
> a PR.
>
> But I wanted to ask if some people would volunteer to already test it.
> I'd like to hear from others if it helps them setting up a Full Stack
> installation.
> And if there are unclear things about how to use it.
>
> I upload my images to https://hub.docker.com/r/domruf/kallithea-domruf/
> and you can find the docker-compose.yml at
> https://kallithea.dominikruf.com/kallithea/kallithea-domruf/raw/26ccf792b435/docker/docker-compose.yml

Could you point to the latest version of your docker-compose.yml AND
Dockerfile ?
Is it this?
https://kallithea.dominikruf.com/kallithea/kallithea-docker/files/tip/

In an older version I'm still using, I had problems with LDAP not
working. Turns out that the Python base image installs the Python in
/usr/local/ and the underlying debian installs Python in /usr.
Python packages installed with apt-get, like python-ldap in your
Dockerfile, then get installed to /usr, while packages installed with
pip, like those used by kallithea, get installed in /usr/local.
As a result, these two don't see each other.

I solved it by only using apt-get to install the LDAP prerequisites,
being libldap2-dev and libsasl2-dev, and then using pip to install
python-ldap itself. That works.

Thanks,
Thomas