Current caching

Mads Kiilerich mads at kiilerich.com
Sat Feb 3 18:32:26 UTC 2018

On 02/01/2018 12:50 AM, Dominik Ruf wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm currently looking at the caching Kallithea does. And I'm a
> bit...baffled.

Yes, it is quite baffling and not very efficient.

I think it very rarely gives any real benefit - it might even make
things slower. In real world setups with multiple repositories served by
each worker process, cache hits are quite rare.

> The way I understand it is that first an entry is made to
> CacheInvalidation to mark a cache invalid,

That is to register the in-memory cache in the database.

> and later that entry is checked to decide if that cache should be
> invalidated.

That is to see if other process have invalidated the cache.