Mercurial repositories: hg verify warnings/integrity errors

Mads Kiilerich mads at kiilerich.com
Sat Feb 3 19:10:39 UTC 2018

On 01/30/2018 12:12 PM, Thomas De Schampheleire wrote:
> Hello,
>
> When I run 'hg verify' in several of our Mercurial repositories
> managed by Kallithea, I see on many repositories the following type of
> warnings popping up for several files:
>
>   warning: revlog 'data/tools/fit_common.h.i' not in fncache!
>
> For all practical purposes these repositories seem to behave fine.
> Is it possible that this message is triggered by the way Kallithea is
> handling the Mercurial repositories, possible not updating the fncache
> or something?

Hi

I can't imagine Kallithea itself can have caused that.

It sounds more like the usual Mercurial append-only / locking protocol
has been violated. Perhaps by rsync running while writing to the
repository. Or perhaps by Kallithea holding on to a cached repo object
while the underlying file system content was changed without
invalidating the cache.