Performance problem

Nicolas Pinault nicolasp at aaton.com
Mon Feb 5 13:46:52 UTC 2018

Le 03/02/2018 à 19:39, Mads Kiilerich a écrit :
> On 01/31/2018 11:58 AM, Nicolas Pinault wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I've changed my server. I've installed Kallithea 0.3.3 on this new
>> server and migrated my repositories from 0.3.1 to 0.3.3.
>> The new PC is faster than the previous one (10 years old). The new PC
>> runs Windows server 2012, the old one was running Windows server 2003.
>> There is no other process running on the server that notably consume
>> processing power.
>>
>> This new configuration is much slower than the previous one.
>> Checking for incoming changes takes about 20s seconds.
>> Pushing is very slow.
>>
>> Any idea of why I get this performance problem ?
>
> Can you say more about the setup? Using IIS? Configured how?
>
> Can you see where the time is spent? It might be tricky for "hg
> incoming" which has several round-trips. Are regular page loads also
> slow?
I've made some progress.
I did some tests with 'hg serve'. When requesting incoming changes, I
get no messages for 20s on the server side then 2 messages are displayed
then the client get the answer immediately.
As if the request packet get lost somewhere then retrieved and processed.
I tried to disable the server firewall... and everything works fine.
Server answer is immediate.
So my problem is a Windows configuration problem. I "just" have to find
how to solve this problem.

Nicolas