New side menu idea

Thomas De Schampheleire patrickdepinguin at gmail.com
Mon Mar 5 09:19:33 UTC 2018

> Dominik Ruf <dominikruf at gmail.com> schrieb am Do., 22. Feb. 2018 um 20:14
> Uhr:
>>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I started working on making the context menu a side menu.
>>
>> You can see it here
>> https://kallithea-exp.dominikruf.com/kallithea/kallithea-domruf
>> https://kallithea-exp.dominikruf.com/kallithea/kallithea-domruf/changelog
>>
>> https://kallithea-exp.dominikruf.com/kallithea/kallithea-domruf/files/6d403bbd6d688f055fa95660a824b6b37a08dcef/
>>
>> It is far from finished (many pages don't work), but I'd like to hear your
>> comments, before I put more work into it.
>> What do you think of about using a side menu (and using less panels)?
>> I believe it gives Kallithea a better, more modern look.
>>
> No comments? Nobody?

Sorry.

I think it does look nice. More modern, as you said.
I think a new base color instead of the green would fit nice too.

The icons would need to change because right now there are three very
similar icons, of which two are identical. But even the 'pullrequest'
and 'compare' icons are too much alike. Since the text is hidden by
default, the importance of the icon is even greater.

It does remind me quite a lot to the Bitbucket layout, though. I'm not
yet sure if that is good or bad.

/Thomas