New side menu idea

Dominik Ruf dominikruf at gmail.com
Mon Mar 5 17:59:18 UTC 2018

Konstantin Veretennicov <kveretennicov at gmail.com> schrieb am Mo., 5. März
2018 um 14:57 Uhr:

> On Thu, Feb 22, 2018 at 8:14 PM, Dominik Ruf <dominikruf at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I started working on making the context menu a side menu.
>>
>> You can see it here
>> https://kallithea-exp.dominikruf.com/kallithea/kallithea-domruf
>> https://kallithea-exp.dominikruf.com/kallithea/kallithea-domruf/changelog
>>
>> https://kallithea-exp.dominikruf.com/kallithea/kallithea-domruf/files/6d403bbd6d688f055fa95660a824b6b37a08dcef/
>>
>> It is fare from finished (many pages don't work), but I'd like to hear
>> your comments, before I put more work into it.
>> What do you think of about using a side menu (and using less panels)?
>> I believe it gives Kallithea a better, more modern look.
>>

> Looks neater to me, compared to the current kallithea-scm.org

Thanks, you two. It is good to know that others feel the same way I do.

> Small suggestion: make minifier button easier to click, especially when
> the sidebar is expanded.
> Then the user can expand and immediately collapse the sidebar without
> moving the pointer.

I'll keep that in mind.

I also thought about other colors, but I did not find an arrangement that I
I'm happy with yet. So I did not change the colors so far.
I'm also aware of the icons and the similarities with bitbucket.
We can and should discuss that once I have a PR ready.

 I will continue to work on it.