What should be included in 1.0

Jani Tiainen redetin at gmail.com
Tue Mar 13 09:09:03 UTC 2018

Hi all,

I've used (and still use) both Trac and Redmine. For example Django project
is using Trac rather successfully. They have some in-house customizations
but not much over standard trac.

In work I first used Trac and after number of projects got bigger we
changed to Redmine.

In the end both are really same. Trac development has been quite slow
lately comparing to Redmine which still keeps evolving. But both do work
just fine as issue tracker.

And what comes to as corporate user SSH support in Kallithea in my opinion
it's very important feature. Even more important than any fancy UI. I can
live with current UI just fine, but lack of SSH support is becoming
plainful, specially when you want to implement requirements of ISO 27001.

On Tue, Mar 13, 2018 at 10:55 AM, Nicolas Pinault <nicolasp at aaton.com>
wrote:

>> I only know openproject from the time it was still an app, some years ago.
>> If the focus is on real timelines, then I don't think it is needed to
>> have this kind of tools. What we'd need IMHO is to be able to define
>> the upcoming release(s) and their scope. A tool like trac can do that,
>> e.g.
>> https://trac.edgewall.org/roadmap
>> Trac also has a wiki and issue system, so would mean that together
>> with OOK we could move away from bitbucket.
>>
> I haven't looked a trac in a long time, but I though its UI is
> anachronistic as well and its functionality is very basic.
>
> That said, I think redmine or trac would still be an improvement to what
> we have now.
>

>> I use Trac and Kallithea on a private server. I've created a hook on
> Kallithea side to automatically update Trac cases when appropriate. This
> works well.
> Trac UI is really not attractive but it almost suits all my needs.
>
> Nicolas

Jani Tiainen

- Well planned is half done, and a half done has been sufficient before...