IPV6

Mads Kiilerich mads at kiilerich.com
Thu Mar 22 23:55:55 UTC 2018

On 03/22/2018 02:58 PM, Nicolas Pinault wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Is there a way to make kallithea serve on IPV6 only or, IPV4 and IPV6?

I am not aware of anything that should be IPv4 specific. But I also
haven't tried IPv6.

I guess it just works if using Apache and mod_wsgi.

The waitress version we default to use for `gearbox serve` doesn't
support IPv6.

A quick test on our default branch shows that it seems to work on IPv6
if you edit setup.py to "waitress>=0.8.8,<2.0" to get something like
waitress 1.1 and edit your .ini to host = * .

With reports of Waitress 1.1 (and review of their release note) we can
make that version the default.