Issue #315: Crowd authorization module doesn't allow https connections (conservancy/kallithea)

Chris Rule issues-reply at bitbucket.org
Fri Apr 20 21:16:11 UTC 2018

New issue 315: Crowd authorization module doesn't allow https connections
https://bitbucket.org/conservancy/kallithea/issues/315/crowd-authorization-module-doesnt-allow

Chris Rule:

The current crowd authorization module only allows http connections to the crowd server for authorization. This means that crowd servers hosted behind a proxy to server https or direct using https cannot be used by the current auth_crowd.py plugin.

What I expected: To be able to connect to crowd using https.
What I got: There's not way to configure the crowd authorization to use https.

It appears the back-end code is written for it. There just isn't an interface option.