git post buffer too small, where to set the default

Thomas De Schampheleire patrickdepinguin at gmail.com
Sat Jul 28 14:49:42 UTC 2018

Hi,

> hi,
> on some of my new git projects im getting the error:
>
> error: RPC failed; result=22, HTTP code = 411
>

> after i increase the buffer size inside my project with the command below it
> works fine.
> where can set i set the  buffer size for the default kallithea git project.
>
> git config http.postBuffer 524288000
>

> issue:
>
> http://myridia.com/dev_posts/view/2102

In https://bitbucket.org/conservancy/kallithea/issues/229/bad-file-descriptor#comment-30073565
it was suggested to add this as a suggestion in the Kallithea
documentation (using --global to avoid having to set this on every
repository).

As this is a git option, there is no direct place to configure it
inside Kallithea itself.

I will send a patch for the mentioned documentation update later.

Best regards,
Thomas