Issue #329: cannot add inline comment on new empty file (conservancy/kallithea)

Thomas De Schampheleire issues-reply at bitbucket.org
Sun Sep 16 19:40:58 UTC 2018

New issue 329: cannot add inline comment on new empty file
https://bitbucket.org/conservancy/kallithea/issues/329/cannot-add-inline-comment-on-new-empty

Thomas De Schampheleire:

Since the comment bubbles are added to lines of a diff, it is not possible to add an inline comment to a new file with no contents.

While it would be possible to add a general comment, I believe it would be nice to allow an inline comment here.

Technically, I'm not sure how to do it. Perhaps by adding a virtual first line to empty files, which is shown distinctly from a real empty line?