Kallithea as a public repo server ?

Nicolas Pinault nicolasp at aaton.com
Thu Aug 22 06:46:12 UTC 2019

Hi,

I currently use Kallithea (with Mercurial) at work for private projects
on a private network.
I do the same at home.
I also have personal public repos at Bitbucket (still using Mercurial).
As you may know, Bitbucket will drop Mercurial  support next year.
As my home server is accessible from the Internet, I'm wondering if I'm
going to make my personal instance of Kallithea public (behing nginx)
and transfert my Bitbucket projects on it.
However, I'm very concerned about security. I'm not a sys admin with
much security knowledge.
Is it safe to host a public instance of Kallithea on my home server ?
What should I be aware of to get a safe system ?

Nicolas