upgrading problems

Nicolas Pinault nicolasp at aaton.com
Fri Sep 13 12:36:39 UTC 2019

Hi,

I'm in the process of upgrading my Kallithea instance from 0.3x to 0.4x.

In the upgrade process, one have to install npm.
I have no knowledge of npm world. So, I searched for "npm" on google and
clicked on the first link.
What surprised me is that I had to register to get access to the free
version. That's what I did. But I was not able to find any npm download.
After minutes of clicks, I finally discovered that npmjs.com is not the
right place. One have to use nodejs.org (which google shows only at the
far end of second results page).

I suggest you write the link (for dumb guys like me) in the
installation/upgrade pages.

Building the front end gave me warnings :
*
**(Env) D:\Kallithea\Bin>kallithea-cli front-end-build
Running 'npm install' to install front-end dependencies from package.json
npm WARN deprecated hawk at 3.1.3: This module moved to @hapi/hawk. Please
make sur
e to switch over as this distribution is no longer supported and may
contain bug
s and critical security issues.
npm WARN deprecated hoek at 2.16.3: This version has been deprecated in
accordance
with the hapi support policy (hapi.im/support). Please upgrade to the
latest ver
sion to get the best features, bug fixes, and security patches. If you
are unabl
e to upgrade at this time, paid support is available for older versions
(hapi.im
/commercial).
npm WARN deprecated cryptiles at 2.0.5: This version has been deprecated in
accorda
nce with the hapi support policy (hapi.im/support). Please upgrade to
the latest
  version to get the best features, bug fixes, and security patches. If
you are u
nable to upgrade at this time, paid support is available for older
versions (hap
i.im/commercial).
npm WARN deprecated boom at 2.10.1: This version has been deprecated in
npm WARN deprecated sntp at 1.0.9: This module moved to @hapi/sntp. Please
make sur
e to switch over as this distribution is no longer supported and may
contain bug
s and critical security issues.
npm notice created a lockfile as package-lock.json. You should commit
this file.

added 133 packages from 579 contributors and audited 185 packages in 27.876s
found 10 vulnerabilities (1 low, 9 moderate)
   run `npm audit fix` to fix them, or `npm audit` for details
Building CSS styling based on Bootstrap
Preparing Bootstrap JS
Preparing jQuery JS with Flot, Caret and Atwho
Preparing DataTables JS
Preparing Select2 JS
Preparing CodeMirror JS
Generating LICENSES.txt*

Should I run "npm audit fix" ?

In the upgrade page, step 8, one have to "rebuild the Whoosh index".
Any detailed instructions for this ?

Regards,
Nicolas