KALLITHEA_EXTRAS environment variable missing

Ed Wong cc at pw-wspx.org
Tue Dec 24 06:49:14 UTC 2019

Hi,

Just managed to work around the database unicode issue and
could both clone and push via the ssh:// url; however,
pushing to a git repository gave me the following 'error':

Total 3 (delta 1), reused 0 (delta 0)
remote: Traceback (most recent call last):
remote:   File "hooks/post-receive", line 38, in <module>
remote:     main()
remote:   File "hooks/post-receive", line 34, in main
remote:
sys.exit(kallithea.lib.hooks.handle_git_post_receive(repo_path,
git_stdin_lines))
remote:   File
"/var/www/environments/kalivenv/lib/python2.7/site-packages/kallithea/lib/hooks.py",
line 343, in handle_git_post_receive
remote:     baseui, repo = _hook_environment(repo_path)
remote:   File
"/var/www/environments/kalivenv/lib/python2.7/site-packages/kallithea/lib/hooks.py",
line 310, in _hook_environment
remote:     extras = get_hook_environment()
remote:   File
"/var/www/environments/kalivenv/lib/python2.7/site-packages/kallithea/lib/utils2.py",
line 538, in get_hook_environment
remote:     raise Exception("Environment variable KALLITHEA_EXTRAS not
found")
remote: Exception: Environment variable KALLITHEA_EXTRAS not found
To seavcs:repos/infrastructure/testgit2
   887eb3c..19b77cd  master -> master

Apparently, it did save the push.

I've looked at the documentation; but haven't yet seen the mention
of the KALLITHEA_EXTRAS requirement.  Looking at the code,
I'm not exactly sure what fields are required in the json
structure.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks

Edmund

PS: Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!