Kallithea port to Python 3

Mads Kiilerich mads at kiilerich.com
Sat Dec 28 21:42:31 UTC 2019

Hi

After heavy christmas crunch mode, https://kallithea-scm.org/repos/ is
now running on Python 3. It generally works, and the test suite pass.

The port is using more than 100 changes that haven't landed yet. The
changes can be seen on
https://kallithea-scm.org/repos/kallithea-incoming/changelog/py3/ .

The changes have mostly been structured as clean changes, mainly with
cleanup and refactorings, and it can land safely on "default" branch
while still using py2. Then we will move on and land changes to switch
the "default" branch to py3. The next major release will probably be py3
only. We will not try to support 2 and 3 simultaneously with the same
codebase. While finishing up py3, minor releases for py2 will be made
from the stable branch.

I'm sure the changes will introduce regressions. Testing and review
would thus be much appreciated. You can get the changes with "hg pull
https://kallithea-scm.org/repos/kallithea-incoming -r py3". Feedback can
be given with mail here to this list - perhaps referencing follow-up
changes hosted on your preferred hosting site.