KALLITHEA_EXTRAS environment variable missing

Mads Kiilerich mads at kiilerich.com
Fri Jan 10 11:23:01 UTC 2020

On 12/25/19 2:52 AM, Edmund Wong wrote:
> Mads Kiilerich wrote:
>> On 12/24/19 7:49 AM, Ed Wong wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> Just managed to work around the database unicode issue and
>>> could both clone and push via the ssh:// url; however,
>>> pushing to a git repository gave me the following 'error':
>>>
>>> Total 3 (delta 1), reused 0 (delta 0)
>>> remote: Traceback (most recent call last):
>>> remote:   File "hooks/post-receive", line 38, in <module>
>>> remote:     main()
>>> remote:   File "hooks/post-receive", line 34, in main
>>> remote:
>>> sys.exit(kallithea.lib.hooks.handle_git_post_receive(repo_path,
>>> git_stdin_lines))
>>> remote:   File
>>> "/var/www/environments/kalivenv/lib/python2.7/site-packages/kallithea/lib/hooks.py",
>>>
>>> line 343, in handle_git_post_receive
>>> remote:     baseui, repo = _hook_environment(repo_path)
>>> remote:   File
>>> "/var/www/environments/kalivenv/lib/python2.7/site-packages/kallithea/lib/hooks.py",
>>>
>>> line 310, in _hook_environment
>>> remote:     extras = get_hook_environment()
>>> remote:   File
>>> "/var/www/environments/kalivenv/lib/python2.7/site-packages/kallithea/lib/utils2.py",
>>>
>>> line 538, in get_hook_environment
>>> remote:     raise Exception("Environment variable KALLITHEA_EXTRAS not
>>> found")
>>> remote: Exception: Environment variable KALLITHEA_EXTRAS not found
>>> To seavcs:repos/infrastructure/testgit2
>>>      887eb3c..19b77cd  master -> master
>>>
>>> Apparently, it did save the push.
>>>
>>> I've looked at the documentation; but haven't yet seen the mention
>>> of the KALLITHEA_EXTRAS requirement.  Looking at the code,
>>> I'm not exactly sure what fields are required in the json
>>> structure.

We have improved this on on the stable branch with
https://kallithea-scm.org/repos/kallithea/changeset/ba6418fde72f286a95f207fb14eeeee2ac788a55

> I think I know what is wrong.  The problem is I also added the old
> ssh-rsa entries to the authorized_keys file in the .ssh so that
> I could also ssh into the system as the Kallithea user.  Apparently,
> that throws off the system.  My bad.

For now, with
https://kallithea-scm.org/repos/kallithea/changeset/74b7aa45c1e15e239d1999b206f003f74033f750
on the stable branch, we will add a comment to authorized_keys warning
against manual modification.