Editing files on non-branch-heads

Thomas De Schampheleire patrickdepinguin at gmail.com
Wed Apr 8 14:23:27 UTC 2020

Hi,

We noticed that the 'Edit' button on the files interface, e.g.
/repo/files/branch/pathtofile.txt

is only clickable if you are viewing the file at the tip revision of a branch.
We would like to be able to edit a file at a non-tip revision, and
would thus like to lift that restriction.

See https://kallithea-scm.org/repos/kallithea/files/default/kallithea/templates/files/files_source.html#L33

I understand this for single-headed repos, but our review repo is
multi-headed and writable by all developers. Everyone just pushes
their changes for review to that repo.

How do you think we should do it in an acceptable way for upstreaming?
Should it be a per-repository setting whether editing on non-tip is
allowed? Or something else?

Thanks,
Thomas