Issue #369: SSH push fails when LANG and LC_* is sent (conservancy/kallithea)

Benny Prange issues-reply at bitbucket.org
Tue Apr 21 06:41:06 UTC 2020

New issue 369: SSH push fails when LANG and LC_* is sent
https://bitbucket.org/conservancy/kallithea/issues/369/ssh-push-fails-when-lang-and-lc_-is-sent

Benny Prange:

Hi everyone,

when I am trying to push my commits to the mercurial repository, I get the error message “ssh abort: no suitable response from remote hg!”. This is fixed when I edit my local “/etc/ssh/ssh\_conf” and remove the line “SendEnv LANG LC\_\*”.

I am using Ubuntu 16.04 LTS and hg 5.3.2, the server is running Kallithea 0.5.2 on Debian Buster.

The server's “/etc/ssh/sshd\_config” contains the line “AcceptEnv LANG LC\_\*”. Therefore my guess is that Kallithea is responsible for sending the error message.

‌