[how to install 0.5.2 with python2.7?] (was: how to install kallithea from source)

Thomas De Schampheleire patrickdepinguin at gmail.com
Fri Aug 14 18:35:58 UTC 2020

Hi Uwe,

On Fri, Aug 14, 2020, 17:35 Uwe Brauer <oub at mat.ucm.es> wrote:

> writes:
>
>    > On 8/13/20 9:15 PM, Uwe Brauer wrote:
>    >> which version (changeset) requires only 3.5)??
>

>    > 3.6 was the first python3 we supported. (Inherited from the versions
>    > supported by Mercurial).
>
>    > 3.5 was never supported.
>
>    > 0.5.2 aa0a637fa6f6 was the last py2 version.
>
> Ok this is from February this year not too old.
>
> However the instructions in
> https://kallithea.readthedocs.io/en/stable/installation.html
>
> Seem not to work because
> python -m venv ../kallithea-venv
>
> Does not work
> usr/bin/python: No module named venv
>
> So how can I install it with python2.7?

Our docs on readthedocs do not currently retain documentation for obsolete
versions. I'm not sure if this is really good practice, but today it's like
that.

To get documentation for your chosen version, please see the 'docs'
directory in the kallithea source distribution and find the appropriate rst
file.
You could also generate the html pages via 'make html' inside the docs
directory, after having installed the required dependencies. Since you
already have trouble setting up the virtual env this may be a step too far.

Best regards,
Thomas