installation still does work

Mads Kiilerich mads at kiilerich.com
Mon Aug 17 11:44:09 UTC 2020

On 8/14/20 10:03 PM, Uwe Brauer wrote:
>     > Hi Uwe,
>     > On Fri, Aug 14, 2020, 17:24 Uwe Brauer <oub at mat.ucm.es> wrote:
>

>     > In general you should avoid changing such links manually. I suggest you
>     > restore the original one.
>     > The virtual environment (venv) created with the command will use the python
>     > used for the command itself. This means that you will get a python 3.8 env
>     > if you create it with python 3.8.
>
>     > So use the following command:
>
>     > python3.8 -m venv ../kallithea-venv
>
> Thanks this does not work, because python3.8-venv is missing

How did you conclude this package was missing? venv is a part of the
Python 3 standard library and should be available in all Python 3
installations.

According to
https://packages.ubuntu.com/eoan/amd64/python3.8-venv/filelist , a
package by that name only contains a standalone command that we don't
recommend.