problem with git push

Mads Kiilerich mads at kiilerich.com
Thu Nov 19 19:53:55 UTC 2020

On 11/19/20 4:31 PM, Łukasz Michalski wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a problem with one of git repos. When I try to push changes I got "remote rejected":
>
> [zork at serenity filebench]$ git push zork
> Password for 'https://zork@XXXXXXXXXXXX':
> Enumerating objects: 15, done.
> Counting objects: 100% (15/15), done.
> Delta compression using up to 8 threads
> Compressing objects: 100% (8/8), done.
> Writing objects: 100% (8/8), 3.17 KiB | 1.58 MiB/s, done.
> Total 8 (delta 7), reused 0 (delta 0), pack-reused 0
> To https://XXXXXXXXXXXX
>   ! [remote rejected] branch -> branch (pre-receive hook declined)
> error: failed to push some refs to 'https://XXXXXXXXXXXX'
>
> Kallithea  0.6.2 on Arch Linux.
>
> What can I do to resolve this issue? I already tried to increase log level but I cannot find any clues in logs.

It works for other repos - just not this one?

The pre-receive hook is really not doing anything and should never
reject pushes. I guess the hooks (for this repo?) isn't installed
correctly? Inspect and compare hooks/post-receive for working and
non-working repos. Or try to reinstall all hooks in Admin/Settings/Remap
and Rescan/Install Git hooks + Overwrite existing Git hooks.

It might be a very fundamental problem (such as finding the right Python
interpreter to run the hook) so I doubt Kallithea logging could say
anything. But perhaps the web server error log has something.