httppostargs=true for Kallithea

Mads Kiilerich mads at kiilerich.com
Mon Oct 11 13:40:24 UTC 2021

Hi

In what way do you experience that it doesn't work with Kallithea?

Kallithea implements a custom wrapper around hgweb. Mainly to provide
integrated hosting with correct access control. It is a basic assumption
that reads are with GET and writes are with POST.

Without being told more about how httppostargs works / fails (and
without spending time investigating) I would assume that it works fine
for users with write access to repositories.

A more fine grained separation would require some refactorings ... and a
risk of getting it wrong and introducing security issues.

If I remember correctly, the Mercurial client also has a max limit of
how large headers it will send. But mainly: For most web servers it is
possible to adjust the header limit to work with most repositories. That
is apparently also possible with IIS, even if that is one of your
constraints. Does that not work for you? Else, I would suggest using
another web server, preferably on unix.

/Mads