migrate repository from mercurial to git

Uwe Brauer oub at mat.ucm.es
Fri Dec 10 14:02:39 UTC 2021

>>> "ŁM" == Łukasz Michalski <lm at zork.pl> writes:

> Hi,
> I would like to migrate a repository myrepo from mercurial to git.

As a die hard fan of mercurial I find this sad, you will not be able to
use named branches and topics, and local revision numbers (for
convenience) anymore.

> I want to rename mercurial repository to myrepo_old and use orginal name for new git repository.

I have done similar things, and the best strategy is: generate an empty git
repository. Use the hg-git pluging and push to that repository.

One question: did you use named branches???. If you did you would need a
specific change set of hg-git this exporting named branches is still not
in the stable release.