Kallithea shows a mix of localizations

Mads Kiilerich mads at kiilerich.com
Thu Jan 13 15:13:40 UTC 2022

It seems like
https://kallithea.readthedocs.io/en/0.7.0/setup.html#internationalization-i18n-support
mostly answers the question.

The server side .ini file probably contains something like

    ## Internationalization (see setup documentation for details)
    ## By default, the languages requested by the browser are used if
    available, with English as default.
    ## Set i18n.enabled=false to disable automatic language choice.
    #i18n.enabled = true
    ## To Force a language, set i18n.enabled=false and specify the
    language in i18n.lang.
    ## Valid values are the names of subdirectories in kallithea/i18n
    with a LC_MESSAGES/kallithea.mo
    #i18n.lang = en

The server administrator can disable i18n.

But mainly, in summary: Kallithea is trying to show you the german
localization because your web browser asks for it. You can control that
yourself - see for example
https://www.w3.org/International/questions/qa-lang-priorities .

/Mads