Timeout with git clone

Quentin Wenger matpi at proton.me
Tue Apr 18 14:33:00 UTC 2023

Hi Mads,

I can try that, but I'm a bit worried that it is monkey-patching and half-solving at best. And the fact that this area is considered "obscure code" is even worse.

Trying to get a broader picture: There are comments like `TODO: This function now uses os underlying 'git' command which is generally not good.` all over the place. Maybe there should be a larger refactoring of the git backend taking place, where all uses of native Git are replaced by dulwich? That way the cryptic code in lib/vcs/subprocessio.py will also go away.

Is there any specific reason that those TODOs haven't been handled so far, apart from limited dev resources?

Thanks,
Quentin