investigating fiscal sponsors' use of accounting software

Jim Garrison jim at garrison.cc
Sun May 26 20:30:52 EDT 2013

My girlfriend and I have been investigating the use of accounting
software by fiscal sponsors in the Southern California area.  The first
organization we have heard back from uses AccuFund, describing it as a
"robust four-sided fund accounting system that allows for detailed
separate accounting for each individual project."

I was previously unfamiliar with the term "four sided fund accounting,"
but searching the internet helped me to understand why it might be
useful.  Searching for the phrase also provided a number of white papers
describing the status quo in nonprofit accounting, which could be
helpful as well in building a specification.

Bradley, once Phase 0 of the project gets off the ground it may be
useful to talk in more detail with our contacts here.  Just let me know.

Best,

- garrison