Non-profit accounting system for local government also?

Stanton Perkins sfperky at gmail.com
Fri Sep 13 17:38:21 EDT 2013

Hi,
I have worked as an "IT guy" for local government for many years. This
project appears to be a great start to a wonderful contribution to the
non-profit community. I would like to suggest that, if it was designed
well, it could also function as an accounting system for local government
as well.
Both non-profits and local government accounting systems are based on "fund
accounting" which is quite different from "business accounting". If your
new non-profit accounting system is designed with flexible chart fields,
budgetary controls and a robust report writer, it could also be used by
local governments.  This could expand your development pool, potential
donation base and eventual user community considerably.
I hope you will keep this in mind and wish you the very best success in
this endeavor.
Stan Perkins
Clovis, California