Announcing Joar Wandborg joining the project as a Conservancy contractor.

Bradley M. Kuhn bkuhn at sfconservancy.org
Fri Oct 18 18:37:32 EDT 2013

I apologize for my recent silence on this list while Conservancy was
doing interviews for the position.

Conservancy did get a number of very good applicants to our NPO
Accounting project, and we're delighted to announce that we've got a
contract with an excellent developer named Joar Wandborg, who is
probably best known for his frequent contributions to GNU Mediagoblin.

Joar starts this coming Tuesday 22 October as a Conservancy contractor,
focused exclusively on the NPO Accounting project.  I'll be in the role
of manager for the project and setting direction and plans.

Our first order of business is to get a Wiki setup for the project,
which Joar and I will focus on doing this coming Tuesday when he starts.
After that, we'll start writing up a few use cases (I'll probably
participate heavily in that part, as a "domain expert"), and then we'll
thereafter schedule the "Evaluation Sprint" to evaluate existing Free
Software codebases and seeing what we can use from them, or which ones
might make an interesting basis for the project.

Like most non-profit projects, this project is, of course, moving slower
than any of us would like.  But, having been doing non-profit management
for a long time, I believe in a "slow and steady wins the race"
philosophy.  My goal here is to get us moving steadily forward on
progress now that Joar is starting.

Conservancy also plans to run this project fully in the public as a
community project.  Joar is in a wholly different time zone from me, so
we'll be collaborating publicly on this mailing list and the IRC channel
that I just created on Freenode, #npoacct.  I'm working on getting a
logbot going there (if anyone has recommendations on good log bots, let
me know).
--
Bradley M. Kuhn, Executive Director, Software Freedom Conservancy