Evaluation "Sprint" scheduled for 2013-11-13 and 2013-11-14.

Bradley M. Kuhn bkuhn at sfconservancy.org
Wed Nov 6 14:25:46 EST 2013

Joar has been putting some work in cataloging various known projects
here:  http://npoacct.sfconservancy.org/ExistingProjects/

He's done some initial evaluations against the UseCases we've been
writing up here: http://npoacct.sfconservancy.org/UseCases/

However, my action item remains to write up all the use cases I can
think of that Conservancy has encountered, which I started doing in
earnest this morning.  I plan to spend 2-3 hrs a day on this for the
next week.

Therefore, on next Wednesday and Thursday (2013-11-13 and 2013-11-14),
Joar and I (and anyone else who wants to join) plan to do an "evaluation
sprint" to complete our evaluations of those any projects listed on
http://npoacct.sfconservancy.org/ExistingProjects/ .  So, if you have a
codebase you think we should be looking at, please do list it there
by the evening of Tuesday 2013-11-12.

Meanwhile, we'd welcome UseCases from others; feel free to add yours at
http://npoacct.sfconservancy.org/UseCases/

If you want to participate in the evaluation sprint, please come by
#npoacct on irc.freenode.net on next Wednesday and Thursday.  I expect
to be there the entire day (US/Eastern time zone), and Joar will likely
be there the whole day too (in Europe/Central time zone).

I've said many times that I remain biased to designing something with
Ledger-CLI as its core, building on the CLI system I've developed for
Conservancy's books.  Joar is coming with fresh eyes, so he should be a
good "check and balance" on those tendencies of mine, but I'd welcome
others to come and discuss this issue with us.

Also, in the meantime, feel free to discuss any and all issues about the
project here in the mailing list, too!
--
Bradley M. Kuhn, Executive Director, Software Freedom Conservancy