shared API for double-entry accounting, treating it as a 'math' library.

Martin Michlmayr tbm at cyrius.com
Fri Nov 15 13:42:41 EST 2013

* Bradley M. Kuhn <bkuhn at ebb.org> [2013-11-14 13:36]:
> I'm willing to explore this RDF idea  bit further, but I admit it gave me
> immediate flashbacks to the late 1990s when everyone was saying XML formats
> would solve the world's problems.....

Since you mention XML, I thought I'd mention that there's an XML based
format already for financial information: OFX

I'm not sure what it can do already or what you're trying to do but
this might be a worth taking a look at.

(As a sidenode, one feature I'd like to see in ledger-cli is the
ability to export to OFX; this way, I could import my financial data
into another accounting program.  This way, I could maintain my data
in ledger-cli and do stuff with the other programme that ledger cannot
do, such as reporting and charts.)

--
Martin Michlmayr
http://www.cyrius.com/